This program has been placed on SUSPENSION for the 2013-2014 academic year and applications will not be accepted.
Arizona’s Early Graduation Scholarship Grant (EGSG) program is a non-need based college access grant designed to encourage high school students to graduate early and promptly attend a regionally or nationally accredited Arizona postsecondary institution or vocational program. Students who graduate from a public high school district or charter school at least one year early and enroll full-time at an eligible Arizona postsecondary institution may receive up to $2,000 disbursed over two academic years. Funds must be applied toward tuition, fees and book expenses as documented by the student’s cost of attendance (COA).
- Must be a resident of Arizona for at least the previous 12 months at the time of application completion
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or an eligible noncitizen
- Must graduate from an Arizona public high school district or charter school at least one year earlier than your cohort class is scheduled to graduate
- Must achieve passing scores on all required components of the Arizona Instrument to Measure Standards (AIMS)
- Must enroll in at least half-time in a regionally or nationally accredited Arizona postsecondary institution or vocational program (at least 8 months in length)
- Must maintain satisfactory academic progress as determined by the institution
- There are over 90 institutions in Arizona where students may enroll and utilize their EGSG funds. Postsecondary institutions include all three Arizona public universities, community colleges, private postsecondary institutions, and vocational schools (programs must be at least eight months in duration).
- EGSG can be used in combination with most other merit scholarship awards. Check with the financial aid office for additional information.