Plan and Implement your AzCAC Event
Utilize the recommendations provided below for planning/implementing a successful College Application Campaign in your school:
Set the date(s) for your event Learn more Arizona’s College Application Campaign (AzCAC) is set for November; however, the exact date(s) and time(s) are up to each participating site. Set a date and time that best fits with the activities in your school and allows for seniors to successfully complete an application.
Reserve your event location
- Ensure that enough computers are available to allow adequate time for each student to participate. Typically, each student requires a minimum of 45 minutes to an hour to successfully complete a college application.
- Work with technology support staff to ensure that school internet firewalls or other access restrictions will not prevent students from accessing online applications the day(s) of the event.
- Develop a schedule for your event that provides all seniors who have not yet completed an admissions application the opportunity to participate.
Build a college-going culture Learn more Encourage all students and staff to participate in college-going activities like daily trivia contests, wearing college shirts, sharing college stories, or decorating classroom doors with college logos, photos, and other mementos.
Advertise the event
Use the following items provided by the Arizona Commission for Postsecondary Education to help advertise the event:
Wristbands that read "I Applied"
The Arizona Commission for Postsecondary Education can help you recruit volunteers if needed. Some examples of potential volunteer sources include:
- College/University Admissions or Outreach staff
- Retired high school counselors
- Parents or the PTA
- Board of Education staff / School Board Members
- Community Organizations
- Local Business Leaders
- Previous graduates of your high school who have gone to college
NOTE: To help students prepare for completion of applications be sure to check out the Student Preparation Timeline & Checklist